Are you looking for a delicious pasta dish for the fall season? If so, then this is the perfect recipe for you. KosherRus has prepared a Creamy Pumpkin Penne recipe that is a great lunch and dinner option, for both adults and children. The sauce is rich and creamy while completely dairy free, Parve and of course, Kosher!
Use With Any Type Of Pasta
Although this dish is prepared with penne, it can completely work with any other type of pasta as well! It’s also great with short pasta, like macaroni for the kids, rigatoni, or even with longer pastas, like linguine or fettuccine. In other words, whatever is available in your pantry ;)
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 pound penne pasta (or any other type)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth or 1 ½ cups of soy milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2-4 chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Start by boiling a pot with salted water, then add the pasta until al dente. When done, drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat; add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes - or until a strong scent is detected.
- Carefully add the pumpkin purée and broth/soy milk to the skillet and stir to fully combine. Add the chili powder, curry powder, nutmeg, kosher salt, black pepper, fresh basil and chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and bring it to a high simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until thickened. Once thickened, taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
You are all done! Enjoy 😋